Saturday, December 14, 2013

Some Catching Up To Do

It's been awhile since I've updated the blog so I'm behind on a few things.  I know I know shame on me.  I have been keeping the Facebook page updated but have fallen a little short here. So trying to just get some things caught up. 

I've already updated the Maternity session I did for my little sister in November, and the Fall session I did for a friends grandson in November as well. So this is just a hodge podge of the rest of the stuff I've been up to since then!

November my niece was here visiting for three weeks.  It was great to see her, but wow she has certainly turned into quite the toddler! She kept us all very busy.  Thankfully, when everyone else in the house came down with the awful flu and were sick for DAYS, she did NOT get sick which was a relief.  However by the time everyone was feeling better, it was almost time for her to go home and I had not gotten any Christmas or Fall photos of her.  So we did a very quick session, very very quick to be exact! She was ok for the Fall/Thanksgiving photos, but she was pretty well done by the time we changed her for the Christmas photos.  No arguing with toddlers, when they say they are done, they are done.




For the first time in the 10 years that my family has lived in this town we FINALLY got to attend the horse parade.  Which is apparently an event that has gone on for the past 20 years. We only found out about it a couple of years ago and had not yet been able to attend.  Thankfully, a neighbor told me about it in the nick of time and we were able to get there to see the horses on parade. 







We have been getting into the Christmas spirit around here and putting up the Christmas tree, and sipping hot cocoa.  Christmas is one of my most favorite times of the year! I love all of the events that come with Christmas in our town.  Thursday my daughter and I participated in the Christmas Parade down town.  We do a lot of volunteer work with the local animal shelter and every year we ride the float for the shelter, it's something we really enjoy doing, even if it is super cold!

Hot cocoa in my favorite cup is just one of my favorite things.

Our little Christmas setup all ready for Santa to appear.  We have a few more presents under the tree now, and Santa will drop off more on Christmas Eve.

This is our new cat Hagrid.  Our cat Severus passed away in November and it left us devastated, especially with living with the fact he was somehow poisoned.  Through my volunteer work at the shelter my husband and I found this big ol' gentle beast.  His name is Hagrid (we named him that).  He is the HUGEST cat I have ever met.  He towers over our foster kittens Simon and Imposter.  His paws, could be labeled as dangerous weapons because they are so huge.  He was checking out the Christmas tree here. 

I FINALLY scored a wonderful steamer chest.  I have been after one of these for YEARS! I love this, and may be getting another one very soon.  So excited! These are perfect for photo shoots, and to just set around the house as an adorable decoration.  They make really cool coffee tables too.

My daughter and I hanging out at Christmas Parade downtown on the Animal Shelter float. 

No comments:

Post a Comment