Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Behind The Lens

The weather has been unseasonably warm and gorgeous for this time in January so I've been taking total advantage of that as I am sure most people have been! Sure it means it's a little muddy and wet but I'm willing to wade through the mud and yuck for a little mid January adventure!


Sunday I 'braved the mud' and ventured out to the dog park where a gang of PAWSOME friends were waiting.  One little lady in particular was waiting for her adoption photos, Tinkerbell is such an adorable young lady, but she is constantly on the move.  Thankfully I was able to grab my friend Amanda to come along with me as my assistant.  She's used to me dragging her along! She's either used as my human tripod or has to help me wrangle dogs for photos. Thankfully she's a great friend who handles my bossiness and pickiness very well.  She also understands my back up cameras so that helps a ton too! It's always nice to have another camera on hand, she was able to nab several photos I missed or got them from angles I wasn't able to get. SO between the two of us, we got some good shots of Tinkerbell, and her friends.


Miss Tinkerbell had to investigate the other camera.


Tinkerbell takes watching the other dogs at the dog park VERY seriously.


One of the rare moments she actually sat down for a few seconds.


Every time I turned around handsome Ollie here was sitting down posing for the camera. 


Had to make sure I got Ollie's "good side" you know.


This is Joe, he's in an "end of life" foster home.  He'll be there until he passes away.  Just living out whatever time he has left (he's a super old boy) but he still enjoys sitting in the leaves at the dog park while all of the other young pups run around. He's had a long battle with flea allergies, and found himself at the local shelter. Thankfully he found himself an awesome foster home and is enjoying be free, and his flea allergy is doing a lot better too.


This tiny little guy has a BIG personality and doesn't back down.  He was full of spunk and lots of fun loaded into a little dog!


After we were done with the dog park we decided to drive on over to the other part of the lake.  The lake is partially frozen over and the lake here is also a HUGE part of a migratory area for ducks and geese that are on their way to or from their migration destinations. We had fun getting some photos of the geese and ducks out on the luck. It's  very calming and picturesque out there with all of the geese and ducks just doing their thing and just taking photos of nature, doing what it does.



















Unbeknownst to me, while I was getting photos of the geese, my friend thought she'd be sneaky and get some photos of me off in my own world. However, to be fair, I started it because I got some funny shots of her when we were at the dog park, so I guess fair is fair! After all, some of those behind the scene photos can be really funny sometimes. A little "behind the lens" look you know?


I had no clue she was taking my picture while I was getting pictures of the geese.  This is how one dresses when going to a muddy dog park full of muddy and wet dogs.  You dress comfy and you don't mind a little mud!


My dear friend and assistant, is quite the little sneaky lady. 


My friend and assistant Amanda get some kisses from Cindy Lou (who is a local animal shelter dog who was just stretching her legs for a bit at the local dog park). 


Tinkerbell staring at Amanda wondering what on earth she's doing.


I was able to go back out again yesterday as well with my husband.  We had fun watching the geese and getting a few more photos of the geese while we were there.  It was nice to have some quiet time just him and I. Usually life can be so hectic and noisy.  Kids and dogs, chores, and schooling, in and out of the house to go do this or that, work, and Girl Scout meetings.  It just gets "noisy".  So it's nice to slow down and just focus on the honks and squawks of the birds.


I have to get my gear together here in a few and make sure everything is clean, charged, and packed up and ready to go for the family shoot I'm doing later this afternoon. Looking forward to it!

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment