Friday, January 31, 2014

Golden Afternoon

It isn't a very often occasion that I am the one in front of the camera.  I used to love being in front of the camera and did so often.  However, I'll be the first to admit that after three children I tend to shy away from being in front of the camera, which is honestly kind of a shame.  So I've been working on my own self confidence when it comes to being in front of the camera and putting away my own insecurities or meeting them head on.  If I want to be a good role model for my children, I need to be confident in my own skin.  That doesn't mean not be healthy, but I must also love who I am at the moment, boost my own self confidence.

Also I want my children to have photos of their mom for when I am dead and gone from this earth.  I have very few photos of my own Mother who hates having her picture taken, thankfully she is still with us but I do not have many photos of her.  Photos of my late Grandmother are even farther and few between.  I have no photos with my Grandma except for a couple when I was very small.  She was another person who hated being in front of the camera.  It is sad to not have photos of my Grandma who meant so very much to me (and who would have celebrated a birthday on Jan. 3rd). 


So I allowed my friend and hair and make up artist, Amanda to attack my hair for photos a couple of days ago. She also got the opportunity to work behind my camera and get more comfortable behind it. Below is the result of our afternoon of camera fun.  Since I really love to focus my time and attention on pet photography we thought it would be fun to include my fur girls into the photo shoot and we got some great shots with them.















Mahala

No comments:

Post a Comment