Monday, March 11, 2013

Before and After

I decided to show you all a before and after photo today.  I volunteer my time at the local animal shelter and conditions are not always favorable for the best photos of each and every fur baby I meet.  Sometimes it's raining, snowing, or too cold to go outside, so the photos have to be taken inside where the lighting is less than ideal.  I don't always have the time or availability to drag along my back drop, and dogs are let's face it, far from cooperative.  Shelter dogs can be especially difficult to photograph for the simple fact that many have had no training at all.  Plus they want out of the kennels to run and play and have a grand ol' time not to sit or stand in the way I need them to so I can show people their gorgeous faces or their full bodies (I always try to get a full face photo, and a side view of the dog).  It isn't always easy to get both of those shots though, but I do my best. Personally, I love the more natural photos of the dogs anyway, with them moving and playing but unfortunately for shelter and rescue purposes I need photos of their face and their side

This past Friday I photographed inside for the most part because it was cold, and there was a LOT of snow on the ground and there were some little dogs at the shelter and they would have been hidden in the snow, and the snow would have thrown the lighting off too.

However, inside it was dark and there wasn't really a good place to take the photo, so I just made do with an old table and the flash on my camera.  Thankfully the dog (Susie Q) was cooperative so that made a big difference!



I think it cleaned up nicely.  And you can see quite clearly how adorable miss Susie Q is! I wish all of my photos would clean up so nicely from the animal shelter. I don't always have as much luck with some of them, but I do my best.

I would also like to announce that my website is up and running! Yay! Super excited for this. You can check out Fur Ever Yours Photography by clicking the link!   I'm sure I'll still be playing around with it and making changes and edits, but it's up and running at the moment and then we'll go from there. 

I'm looking forward to spring being here and being able to get outside and take some pictures!! Come on spring, come on, come on!! I have lots of ideas and tips and tricks I want to test out and I really want to bust out that new camera and get out there and take photos.

Mahala

No comments:

Post a Comment