Thursday, March 7, 2013

Old Friends New Camera Tricks

I had the wonderful oppurtunity today to hang out and spend time with someone that is not only one of my best friends (since high school), but also one of my favorite photographers.  Since we've known each other for so long it's been an honor to watch her grow as a photographer. I remember being her guinea pig so many times so she could test out new things with her photography, and look at her now!

I was excited to catch up with an old friend today as life, family, work and distance keeps us from visiting as much as we'd like to.  So when she came to visit today I was beyond thrilled!

When she heard I had a new DSLR and that I umm...didn't quite know much about it, she jumped right in  to give me a heads up on things I should know about working my camera, which I greatly appreciated.  I still have a lot to learn, as photography is a forever learning experience and you never have it all figured out there are always ways in which you can improve and change. 

I have some simple basics down, got to play around with some cameral lenses (that are now on my want list) and I'm feeling a lot more confident about using my DSLR.  Now all I have to do is get out there and practice!

I got some tips on posing techniques, which I was greatly needing.  I got the oppurtunity to be in some photos (fun snow photos!) for her, and I got to use HER as MY guinea pig for once to test out and get used to my own new camera!







Thank you Paula from Peaces Photography for the helpful tips and for allowing me to use you as a guinea pig! I'm glad we have always shared a love for cameras and adventure. 

I can't wait to see some of the fun photos she took of me, it was fun playing in the snow today!

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment