Monday, March 4, 2013

Fun in the Snow!


So it seems like the big theme in the midwest lately is snow! Snow everywhere.  Just when you think it's over - BAM! - More snow.  We've had maybe close to 15in of snow already.  Thankfully it is starting to melt, but we're supposedly supposed to get some more this week. I'm so utterly enthused.  The first bit of snow is pretty and calming and makes me go awww it's snow so pretty! The kids and I get out have our fun in the snow and we're happy.  The second dose of snow...well it's still kind of pretty, but golly we have a lot of snow now...after that it just gets redundant.  There are only so many days cooped up inside the house that my kids and I can handle.  Then the walls start closing in and we are clawing at the doors wanting out.

We did find a few fun ways to enjoy the snow, and yes we got out and played in the snow.  We didn't get to stay out long as it was a little deep in some areas for the kids to play but they did the best they could.  They haven't been back out to play in it again. 

My friends son, isn't he a little cutie? 
 His name is Keegan too just like my little guy.
They are the same age too!

My friends daughter, her name is Mia,
she is a few months younger than my daughter. 

My own little Keegan making a snow angel.

My son Marshall trying to build a snowman by himself
because he's a big boy.

My soon Keegan trying to lift the lid to the sandbox

My silly daughter Kams crawling through the snow

My boys enjoying being pulled in the sled!

My Keegan, my little cheeseball!

Marshall watching something intently

We have a finch nest in the tree in our yard and I love taking pictures of it.
Got one of it covered in snow.


The below pics are unedited pics that were taken around my home of the snow storm.  Just a few quick snapshots.

This was just from the first day of snow fall.

The kids play house in the back yard covered in snow

The tree in our yard

Tree in our neighbors yard

The neighbors back yard

Our tree (Look at those white out conditions behind the tree!)


Trees very heavy with snow!

I am pretty snowed out by now.  Ready for the first day of spring on March 20th! Ready for some warmer weather.  Ready to dig out the capris and flip flops and no more big heavy winter coats.  Some hoodies and jackets is what I'm looking for! Although, the bad thing about spring is my spring allergies, of course! Plus all the rain it always brings.  Hopefully this year it won't be raining cats and dogs for my twin sons 4th birthday party.  We got lucky last year it was nice, but the years before that it has not been nice! It's usually lots and lots of rain.

OH and I must share my new hair cut.  I know that's not a big deal to most, but right before this whole snow storm thing (second round of snow maybe?  I don't even know anymore my days are all blurred together now!) I got to get out and get my hair cut which hadn't happened in 2 years and my hair was in HUGE need of a trim.  Yay me! It's MUCH shorter now and I love it.



Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment