Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Count Down To Spring!

The weather is starting to be beautiful and I cannot wait for spring to officially rive next week! Yes, in exactly a week "spring" will be here.  I can envision the day in my mind.  The birds all singing, the sun shining, trees getting buds on them, grass getting greener, flowers starting to poke up from the earth, bugs coming out of hybernation, the temps warmer, but still at the cool grab a sweater not a big bulky coat phase.  Yes.  That is my first day of spring. 

Well it sounds good anyway! Will that be how it really happens?  I do not know.  But I will keep my vision strong!

As a way to encourage spring to arrive, my friend and I took our kids to the local Orscheln's store to see the new baby chicks that are there and the little bunnies.   Soooo cute and fluffy!!











My daughter is always asking to borrow my camera and so I dug out an old camera (I'm a bit of a camera hoarder! I love all kinds of cameras!) I dug out the one that I got shortly after my daughter was born, so this camera is nearly 5 years old and is actually the camera I started out with and was still using up until the end of last year! Very faithful little camera.

So I dug out the little old camera and let my daughter take it along to Orscheln's with us.  She got some cute shots, not bad for a 5 and a half year old!




This month I'm participating in a photo challenge at I Heart Faces on Facebook, called 1 Picture 31 Days.  It's a different photo challenge for each day of the month. Today's challenge was art.  My kids always come home from school with some adorable art work so I decided today I would use some of their art for the theme.  Sure enough, my son Marshall had some very original art work in his back pack celebrating 100 days of preschool.  Marshall and Keegan love "sculpture" type art work and Marshall had taken some packing peanut type items that were multi colored and glued them on paper creating a unique and adorable piece of art work. 

Made for an interesting photo!

I braved up and posted it on the I Heart Faces Facebook page and to my suprise they reposted it on their page.  Yay! I am very excited! Marshall was super excited to see his art work on their too.  So adorable to see him so proud and happy.  I have always encouraged their love for art work.


I now feel a bit braver to be more active posting in some of the photo challenges.

Recently got a chance to go through the local park.  The snow is melting, we had some rain, so of COURSE It was a perfect time to check out the water fall.  That was a lovely muddy little walk.  It was well worth it though, got some good shots through the park. 










 

Spring IS coming! I cannot wait!

As spring is coming it's made me stop and think.  Recently I was "burned" by a friend, and it made me do some thinking.  I do NOT want to be the "friend with a nice camera" that gets called upon because they can get a good deal or free or whatever.  I don't want that.  YES this began as a hobby, but I don't want my "hobby" to turn into a free for all for others.  I will say I definetley felt used and unappreciated by this person.  All I know is that communicating with your photographer (whether you choose to use that one or not, is key!)  If you find another photographer, that's fine.  Just have the guts to tell the other one you don't need them, especially when everything they have done for you has been free and you did it as a friend out of the kindness of your heart and it did give you experience. Nothing worse than sitting there going..hmmm am I needed or not?  When phone calls and messages are never returned. Just communicate.  That's all.

Mahala

No comments:

Post a Comment