Saturday, May 12, 2012

Back Drop Framework!

Well today is a very exciting day for me and Fur Ever Yours! Why you ask?  Well, I found something I've been looking for and have been hoping to purchase for quite sometime now.  A metal frame on wheels to use as my back drop frame for pet photography, for using for the shelter dogs. 

Taking their photos in front of a plain old BORING garage door every single time, is just no good.  That doesn't do the dogs any justice. 

I'm hoping this light weight, easy to disassemble and reassemble frame will help me better help these dogs.  Still in the process of working out a few of the kinks on it, but I think I'll have it all figured out soon! Pretty exciting stuff, well atleast to me anyway.

I'm by far not a professional photographer, and I think that is very apparant, but I'm not doing this to make any money, infact I haven't made a DIME doing this, infact I've been putting money IN to doing this.  Granted I haven't had to spend a lot, but I have had to spend some.  Today I spent a whopping $5 on the frame (thank you for Swap Shops on Facebook!) A lovely couple was selling this frame to get it out of their house as they didn't need it or have room for it.  I was happy to take it off of their hands. Doing what I can, with what I have and I am very lucky to be able to do so. I really truly enjoy doing what I'm doing.

Now the big question.  Where the heck am I going to store it? LOL That's a minor detail. 

Right now I only have a few things to use as a back drop.  A few thick black curtains that were given to me in some fabric.  Very nice for a basic backdrop, and to help filter out light from other back drops. A bright blue fuzzy blanket that I absolutely LOVE to use when photographing dogs, a darker fleece blanket that looks warm and friendly in pictures, and that's about it.  Yep.  Exciting I know.  I'm working on it though ok!

I would REALLY REALLY love some more of that fuzzy material in pink, green, and dark orange and purple as well.  They are really great to use behind the dogs. 

Thanks to this rack I am able to get all of my items together and organized.  A wicker basket can double as a prop holder, and as a prop itself.  My camera bag is now within reach and I know where it is at all times now (safely tucked away ontop of the rack), behind the rack I have my backgrounds folded neatly (as to prevent wrinkling nothing worse than a wrinkled back ground!)

Anyway, I just wanted to share this exciting news! Can't wait to work out the kinks of my frame and use it to photograph some shelter dogs.

Front of the back drop frame.  See I told you it's nothing fancy but it will serve it's purpose and that is all that matters!
The back part of the frame storing the back drops. 

Mahala (or Mae which every you can remember or pronounce!)

No comments:

Post a Comment