Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fur Ever Yours -- Photo Fun Day!

Hello everyone! It has been a busy hectic week here.  However, today I found some time to run to the shelter for a couple of hours to photograph the new comers.  Generally, I go on Tuesday's but one of my sons had his cancer scans yesterday so we rescheduled the doggy pics for today.  (And my sons CT scan from yesterday looked great, AND he did the CT scan without being sedated which is a really big deal for a just turned 3 year old! I was so proud!)

Anyway, at the shelter today I got to meet some very adooooorable puppies! I love puppies! SO cute and silly and fluffy. 

Below are some photos of the new comers!












There are also two dogs that are in danger of being gassed. These boys need out NOW! Below are their DOG OF THE WEEK photos! Makes me sick anyone would want them ONLY because they want dogs to use as fighting pitt bull training dogs! These dogs are FAMILY not fighters!
HI! I'm Bruce! I'm a sweet guy who wants to play with you and be
your loyal best friend.  Please, take me home with you and let me
be your best friend.  I don't want to fight, or die in a gas chamber. 
I want to play with you, and sleep next to your feet.  I only ask
for a belly rub, a scratch behind the ears, and not to be abandoned again.
Can you give me the home I need?

Hi, I'm Ryder! I'm a young guy who wants to play and be your best friend!
I want to live in the country where there are no chickens/ducks or geese at the home.
I don't want to be left in a kennel or small pen, it makes me nervous, and then I chew
on things, and sometimes that upsets people. I don't want you to be upset with me. 
I just want to play with you and lick you and be your friend for life.  I love for you to scratch
me behind the ears, and I love it when you play with me.  Can you take me home with you?
I don't want to fight, and I don't want to die. Please save me.
We had several volunteers at the shelter today, and I am so glad! Thank you everyone who volunteered! You were so very helpful! Every Tuesday we'll be having a FUR EVER YOURS PHOTO FUN DAY! That means the volunteers can come out to the shelter and wash, brush, and walk the dogs and they can help fix'em all up pretty for photos.  I think the volunteers had quite a bit of fun today!
A volunteer walks ROCKY who will be going into
the HOUNDS Training program in a few days!
Way to go Rocky! He is a cute little Chow mix, a really sweet fluffy guy!

The Volunteer tells Rocky how awesome and fluffy he is.

A volunteer holds Sugar as she waits for her photo to be taken.

Mary Kate snuggles up with another Volunteer while she awaits her
turn at getting her photo taken. 


We have also decided to keep Cinders.  Patches will be going to her Fur Ever home in a couple more weeks I think.  She's gotten the hang of using the litter boy, just trying to make sure she can eat dry food before she goes on to a fur ever home. 
Patches

Cinders

Sisters-Patches and Cinders


A neighbor also brought another little kitten to us today.  Wasn't expecting that! He is a tabby, bob tailed cat (no tail, and he was born like that).  Gorgeous little guy, very loving.  But, I am kinda worried about him.  He's older than Cinders and Patches and he won't eat, and what I DID get down him he threw back up, so that has me pretty concerned.  He seems healthy other wise though.  Not skin and bones, not sneezing, no goopy eyes, just not eating.  Haven't seen his poo so dunno if it's runny or not.  Hope not.  I'm kind of worried about putting him in with the other kittens.

I also caught wind of someone who is up to no good with collecting dogs from shelters to use as fighter dogs.  That does NOT go over well with me.  I'll do whatever I can to keep that person from getting MY DOGS at the shelter.  (I photograph those babies and they are "mine" I do not want those babies to come to any harm!!)  It's SICK to use those dogs to train pitts to fight.  It's SICK SICK SICK! How CRUEL! So I want to avoid that happening at the shelter here in our town.  I cannot stand the thought of one of my babies being used like that.  It is heart breaking.

Remember Mary Ann?  How I thought she was a litter mat to my dog Molly?  Well found out today that she is NOT a litter mate to Molly, she is infact....Molly's MOM.  Talk about a bomb shell.  My husband saw her shelter photo and almost threw a fit.  He informed me that IS Molly's MOM! I was shocked.  I couldn't beleive it.  I had never seen Molly's mom but my husband had seen her several times.  It is, infact, Molly's mom.  I'm beside my self with emotion on this! I HAVE to find Mary Ann a home where she will NOT be forced to have litter after litter of puppies!! Wherever she goes she has GOT to be spayed, and she deserves to be PAMPERED and LOVED! She's gorgeous.  Everytime I look at my sweet beautiful Molly, I see her Mama Mary Ann. I am so happy we rescued Molly when we did!

Also while I was at the shelter today photographing the new comers, Bailey got adopted! Yay Bailey!! Wishing her the best of luck with her wonderful new owners.


And SEVERAL dogs will be entering into the HOUNDS training program through the local prison.  Such a wonderful program for the dogs, and prisoners.  Below are some photos of a few of the dogs going into the HOUNDS Training program. 
Jacks is going into the HOUNDS training program in a few days!
Once trained his adoption fee will be $120 covering his neutering,
shots and training.

Charlie will also be going into the training program in a few days. 
His adoption fee upon graduation will also be $120 covering
his neutering, shots, and training.

Lucky is going into the HOUNDS training program in a few days.
She already has a home though as soon as she graduates!
That is what I like to hear! These dogs getting adopted before they
are even IN the program.  So happy for Lucky!
Will be going back next Tuesday to photograph any NEW dogs at the shelter.  There was already one new one picked up! This makes me sad :( Come on people, love your dogs!

Also, remember the weather is HEATING UP! Please, do not leave your dogs outside all day, and if they have to, make sure they have shade, and LOTS of water.  If running errands do NOT take your dog with you. Even with the windows cracked, it can get so hot in there that your dog can have a heat stroke, get dehydrated, or DIE.  Do not leave your dog in the car when it is hot.

Mahala Dixson

No comments:

Post a Comment