Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Dogs At The Shelter

Yesterday I went to visit the shelter again to photograph some of the new comers that are up for adoption.  It always breaks my heart to go to the shelter! The sounds those dogs make...the longing heart broken bowls that just WRENCH at your heart strings.  It seriously makes me want to cry every single time I go.  Yesterday, I DID end up crying as one dog was letting loose the most lonely of lonely dog cries that just broke my heart to pieces.  That sound alone made me cry. 

I hate that any animal should end up in a shelter.  However I am glad they are in place because animals need them.  Atleast in a shelter the animal doesn't have to worry about where it's next meal is coming from, or where it will stay warm or cool, or dry.  It's still sad though.

I photographed 8 new dogs, and 2 kittens.  However, by the time I left the shelter the 2 kittens, and one of the adult cats had been adopted! So that is WONDERFUL! I'm so happy!

For now though I would like to introduce you to some of the dogs I photographed yesterday.  These dogs are often VEEERY wiggly when getting photographed so it can be difficult to get a good shot even after they've been walked and played with a little.  But these guys did alright.  I even got to test out my new back drop frame.  Woo Hoo!

If you are interested in any of these dogs PLEASE call the Moberly, MO Animal Shelter at:  (660)833-7330 for more information. 

SHELTER ID # 163
GENDER:  Female - Not Spayed
BREED: Hound mix
COLOR:  Black/Brown
AGE:  Around a year
SIZE: Medium Around 15-10lbs

SHELTER ID # 162
NAME:  Lucky
GENDER: Female - Not Spayed
BREED:  Terrier Mix
AGE: Young 1-2 years
COLOR:  White with black
SIZE: Small/Medium around 15-25lbs


SHELTER ID # 159
NAME:  Boe
GENDER:  Male - Not Neutered
AGE: Less than a year
COLOR:  Golden/tan
BREED: Lab/Cocker Spaniel Mix
Was picked up as a stray with his brother Joe
SIZE: Medium/Large 35-40lbs

SHELTER ID # 158
NAME:  Joe
GENDER:  Male - Not Neutered
BREED:  Cocker Spaniel/Lab Mix
AGE:  Less than a year
COLOR:  Golden/tan
Was picked up with his brother Boe
SIZE: Medium/Large build 35-40lbs

SHELTER ID # 161
NAME:  Mary Ann
GENDER:  Female - Not Spayed
AGE: Around 2 years
BREED:  Terrier Mix
SIZE: Medium build 20-25lbs
COLOR:  White with some reddish/brown spots
Was picked up wearing a pink and green John Deer Tractor dog collar
This girl is so gorgeous, I love her. She looks so much like my Molly Marie that I wonder if they are actually litter mates! Same coloring, same age, they are just so alike!

SHELTER ID # 132
NAME:  Bruce
GENDER:  Male - Not Neutered
BREED:  Lab Mix
SIZE: Large 45-50lbs
COLOR:  Black
AGE:  Probably around 3 years
Loves to play and be petted!

SHELTER ID # 141
NAME:  Jack
BREED:  Mix (Possibly an Aussie?)
SIZE: Medium/Large 40lbs aprox
GENDER:  Male - Not Neutered
COLOR:  Black with a little white on the chest
AGE:  Around 2-3 years
LOVES to play ball with you!! A very fun dog!

SHELTER ID # 140
NAME: Sissy
BREED:  Beagle/terrier mix possibly?
SIZE: Small/Medium 20-25lbs
GENDER:  Female - Not Spayed
COLOR: Tri color white, brown, black
AGE:  2-3 years
LOVES LOVES LOVES the ball! Will play with you all day!
VERY fun dog!

*** NOTE ***


The information on the dogs is given to me by the shelter, I post what I am given, so if any information is missing that you would like, please ask and I'll try to get the info for you. Or contact the shelter for more info.  (660)833-7330 I'm working on a better system of getting ALL of the info. 


Also please note, I post things as quickly as I can.  I am first and foremost a MOM.  I have 3 young children who need their mommy at certain times so I try to wait till they are asleep to edit photos and post them.  I also have 2 of my own dogs, and 2 kittens I am fostering and hand feeding so things pop up often that I need to take care of first.  I realize how very important it is for these dogs to get "out there" so they can be adopted or sent to rescue.  I will always do my very best to get these dogs done.  I am so happy to be doing this, but I am only one local volunteer doing the best I can.  I love photographing the dogs and helping wherever I can.  Please bear with me and I know I always try to post the dogs within 48 hours of taking their photos.  Remember, that these dogs are in a shelter, so when they are photographed they aren't interested in having their picture taken, no matter how long we've been able to walk them or play with them before hand. They wiggle and jump and many are too scared and want to hide.  So taking their photos is at times, difficult.  I take many pics of each dog from as many angles as I can, trying to get a good shot of the wiggly furry doggy, I might get 1 good shot, maybe 2 if I'm lucky! 3 is a miracle! I am just a volunteer photographer, it's my hobby I'm not a professional at all.  I'm just getting started with all of this so am still working out how to do things, and getting stuff together to make these dogs adorable. 


THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment