Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day and Baby Kittens


First and foremost myself and my FUR girls would love to say Happy Mother's day! To all you Mommies of humans and fur babies.  And Molly and Karmen would love to tell all of their Fur Mommy friends Happy Mother's Day as well. 

Molly and Karmen took time out of their very busy schedules to pose in a photo with me this morning, thank you girls! I know it was hard for you to sit still since all you could smell was bacon and eggs! Dogs really DO love bacon.  Especially my gals, and I have two eager little twin boys (Marshall and Keegan age 3) who just love to share their bacon with the girls even though they've been asked not to. But the girls love the special treat.

This morning while my children and I were preparing to leave for Church I heard a sweet little "Meow" coming from behind me.  I turned around to see, a few feet away from me two little kittens.  Probably about 6 weeks old, maybe a little younger. We knew they were living under the house but had not been able to get to them.  I was able to catch them this morning before I left for Church and they hung out in Molly's kennel while I we were at Church (while Molly and Karmen spent the morning outside as cats are unfortunately not their favorite friends, they have a tendancy to try and chase them and that's not good)

We have a lot of stray cats in our neighborhood, it's really sad actually.  There are about 3 Mama cats right now that have had kittens.  My favorite mama cat is known has, well Mama.  She's tabby with a white tummy.  She's skittish and won't come to us, but she does love my husband.  He shared a bit of meat from a sub sandwhich with her once  and she has been stalking him ever since, no joke.  When he's outside there she is a few steps away just staring at him, watching.  At night when he looks out the living room window....she's sitting on the front porch just staring at him, watching.  We pull up in the drive way?  There she is sitting on the front steps, staring at him.  Watching.  I  find it funny, he finds it creepy. 

I leave a bowl of food and water on the front steps for Mama, and here lately 2 other mama cats have joined her.  A gorgeous siamese, and a black.  Two smaller male tabbies also come join them sometimes too.  They are young males and try to hide out from the big mean orange tom tabby who thinks he owns the place.  He's one mean tom cat.  The tom had been sniffing around the entrance to where the kittens were the past week and I was afraid he would get in there and kill them.  So the first oppurtunity I got to grab them, I took it.

Now to find out which mama cat belongs with the kittens! I'm pretty sure it's Mama though. 

The kittens eyes are really matted so need to clean their eyes up and make sure they are all healthy.  There's a little all black one kitten and a little white and gray spotted kitten.  Hoping to get them litter trained and handled enough so they are friendly and get them into Fur Ever homes. 

Mahala

No comments:

Post a Comment